Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy 22nd to myself

The title says it all.
This day went exactly how i wished for - peaceful and grateful.
I do not demand everyone to wish me on facebook wall, nor held a grand celebration for myself.
It doesn't matter, really. As long as the people that I cared for remember my birthday and wished me.
That's good enough. Although not all of them did, whatever, anyway.
As long as I have expressed my love to the loved one, kissed my mum, hugged my bro, teased on my sis and thank my beloved friends for the treats, presents and wishes.
I should be contented enough.
 

However, it was indeed the toughest birthday I have ever had in my life.

Given the fact that my grandma just passed away a week ago.
I don't have the mood to celebrate at all, same goes to my family.
Grandma's incident gave me the shock of my life, and our family is still miserable about the loss.
How long more does it need to recover? I don't know.
As the saying goes like, "Time heals almost everything. Give time, time."
It made me realized that life is so short and so vulnerable.
Your life can be taken at anytime in just a second.

So what if today was the last day i lived, does it matter if he/she didn't wish me happy birthday?
Does it matter if i never receive many gifts?
Does it matter if i have not had my own party ever in my life before?
Does it matter...

It doesn't matter at all.

What matter to me the most is that my family and my loved ones stay beside me healthily.
We cheer each other up, impact each other's lives, and create happy memories in each other's minds.
Happiness is the most powerful tool in the world, much better than any feasible things like wealth.

Thanks to everyone who have impacted my life for the past 22 years.
I am still a happy girl. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.



1 comment:

汶烈 said...

Happy Birthday Girl!
大个女了,要爱惜身边的人更要照顾好自己=)