Monday, March 8, 2010

Warrior Woman


Life's been doing great lately.
I feel grateful. I feel blessed.






Neither of these feelings came from how many branded things i have nor how many days i spent on shopping.
Alternatively, i read books.
Don't give me the "wow" reaction. I know, i don't read books other than textbooks even during my high school year and i could hardly finish a 200 pages book in a week time. So my friends really hated lending me their novels. LOL
Never mention about how fast i finish a book, im totally indulge in AMY TAN'S collections at the moment.


How elegant she is =)



Basically, she's an A-B-C which brings the meaning of "American borned chinese" and even so, she's very much influenced by chinese culture.
I don't know where she gets this influence from, but in most of her books she talks about how chinese survived during the war-time, in details which i don't really heard of some of it before though i was brought up in a chinese family.
She's from foreign country and yet she knows about china's history or beliefs like she lived in china.
And so, i salute to how amazing writer she is, Amy Tan.







Next thing, i watch Oprah Winfrey's show vry frequent especially today which its a back-to-back series.
There's always a weird sensation on me whenever Oprah talks about how amazing a woman is, how woman suffers from AIDS/HIV infected by their partners, how the africa women survive from being abused and raped countlessly by the devil (men), how they nurture their kids despite of whatever diseases the children or themselves are suffering from.





The impact of the show on me is thousands and millions times more than any other mediums, any other books.
I have an acne skin, and i would blame the god for giving me such destiny.
I do not have any wealthy girls' faith, going for clubs, shop in Prada and LV, and the thought would appear in mind as in "How i wish i could have such fortunate life", "How i wish i live in an enormous bungalow with a swimming pool" and "How i wish i could pamper myself everyday in saloon or beauty centre.".
Yes, i do confess, sometimes i might get jealous with some gorgeous bloggers.





However, watching a mother with both her hands and legs amputated, but still have the strong will power to recover herself, telling herself that she must go home as soon as possible to take care of her children.
I can feel how stuggling and strong she is, and i could not hold my tears throughout the episod.
This is a true warrior, a truly beautiful woman.
Honestly, physically contentment is no longer an issue anymore.





I wouldnt know that enrichment in mental spirit can help you to grow so much, knowing what your responsibility is as a woman in this society.
A truly gorgeous woman is when you inspired others as well as yourself, but not blindly obssess with how thick the make-ups on your face.
Now that i finally realised an inner side of beauty is vry much lasted than outside's beauty.
This entry means a lot to me.
Its a prove that i have to leave unnecessacities aside while i pursue my studies to singapore.





The journey has just begun.







To be a true warrior women, you need to have lived a bit and survived more than a few knocks, you do not suffer fools, nor do you entertain petty personal insecurities. We warrior woman are an awesome bunch. Love and Living every moment

No comments: